Topic: Help connecting ADAT to babyface

Hey all, having some trouble getting the ADAT working on my Babyface (not the pro).

I use my Babyface to record guitar and single mic stuff, so using the breakout cable, while no problem, is very space consuming and annoying to use. I recently got handed down a Behringer Ultragain Pro8 which was working where I got it from. I got an ADAT cable and mounted it on my rack, put the ADAT out from the Behringer to the In of the Babyface (red light was going into the babyface). I plugged my guitar into the Behringer and Totalmix does not receive any signal. I tried mostly everything, even taking a line out of the behringer into the Babyface breakout cable input, nothing. The Babyface still gets signal if I plug into the side guitar input or if I plug a mic directly into the breakout cable, but going ADAT through the Behringer gets nothing.

I am using a Mac Mini 2018 on Mojave. The Babyface model is the regular one, not pro. TotalMix v1.61. RME FireFace USB Settings at v223, firmware 3.16. Running my guitar through a Line6 Helix. Attached are my settings. I'm running the Behringer ADAT Slave.

https://imgur.com/a/dGJoXCP

Thanks!

Re: Help connecting ADAT to babyface

How many TOSLINK cables did you use ?
I assume ...
BBF was connected to PC and set as clock master.
The Behringer as clock slave was unable to get clock, because you didnt cable from BBF to Behringer.
Clock is only on a sending channel ...

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

Re: Help connecting ADAT to babyface

following what Ramses said,
you could either set the Behringer as ADAT Master, or plug another cable, of the same brand and length, from Babyface ADAT Out to Behringer ADAT In (if it has one), and use the Babyface as ADAT Master.

RME Gear: Digiface USB, HDSP 9632