I have more or less the same problem. See my detailed description in the forum entry entitled "Removing Old Drivers...". Short version:
- Installed latest USB driver (driver_usb_win_1168),
- Installed latest Firewire driver (driver_fw_win_3125)
- Installed current Firmware (Fireface UFX: USB 360, DSP 163, FireWire 344, Class Compliant 28).
Everything is working fine with USB on my laptop under Windows 8.1, but not so on my main DAW under Windows 10:
- When connected via USB, Fireface inputs or outputs are not visible/selectable at all, neither in Win Sound Settings, nor in Cubase
- When connected via Firewire, connections are visible, but when selected, no sound is played back. Actually, I once succeeded in playing back a few seconds, after which it became suddenly silent again. Also, the computer becomes extremely slow, although the CPU load is well below 100%
I have tested both USB and Firewire on my computer with different devices. Both are working as expected, just not with the Fireface UFX.
Please help. I need to get commercial jobs done!
Norbert Eichler (JARS Recording)
Although the Fireface UFX was shown in Device Manager, the 'Device status' said:
"Windows cannot load the device driver for this hardware. The driver may be corrupted or missing. (Code 39)
Object Name not found." I was able to fix it by simply uninstalling the Fireface from within Device Manager (click on the Fireface entry and selected "uninstall device". After a system restart I installed the USB driver once more like I had done a few times before, but this time it installed correctly and I can use the UFX via USB.