Topic: Adat setup (RME UFX II, Audient ASP800, RME UC)

I have been using my RME UFXII with the Audient ASP 800. It has been working great connected through adat 1 and wordclock (48 khz). Everything shows in the totalmix window and I record my drums through cubase.

I also got a RME UC that I want to set up as adat 2 and have connected the optic cabel (out from UC to adat in2 into UFXII). But I can not get the inputs to the totalmix in UFXII as with the audient. I do get signals when opening the UC Totalmix page, though.

Questions :
1. Do I need a wordclock cable for my UC (only need 44, or 48 khz).
If so, how do I set it up?
2. Do I need to have the UC's usb cable connected to the computer?

I really appreciate if someone can lead med to a solution for this.

2 (edited by ramses 2019-09-12 21:51:40)

Re: Adat setup (RME UFX II, Audient ASP800, RME UC)

> I also got a RME UC that I want to set up as adat 2 and have connected the optic cabel (out from UC to adat in2 into UFXII).
> But I can not get the inputs to the totalmix in UFXII as with the audient.
> I do get signals when opening the UC Totalmix page, though.

Maybe you set ADAT2 to optical spdif instead of configuring ADAT2 to use ADAT protocol.
Remember: ADAT = 8 channels, SPDIF = 2 channels ....

UFX II: connected to PC via USB -> clock master
All other devices should be set to clock slave (get clock from their ADAT  IN, so you need an additional TOSLINK cable)

You should keep the UC connected via USB, until you configured the routing.
After that I would disconnect and operate it in stand-alone mode.

Word clock should not be required if Audient and UC have an ADAT IN port and can read the clock from it.
You only need then in total 2+2 = 4 TOSLINK cables.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

ramses wrote:

> I also got a RME UC that I want to set up as adat 2 and have connected the optic cabel (out from UC to adat in2 into UFXII).
> But I can not get the inputs to the totalmix in UFXII as with the audient.
> I do get signals when opening the UC Totalmix page, though.

Maybe you set ADAT2 to optical spdif instead of configuring ADAT2 to use ADAT protocol.
Remember: ADAT = 8 channels, SPDIF = 2 channels ....

UFX II: connected to PC via USB -> clock master
All other devices should be set to clock slave (get clock from their ADAT  IN, so you need an additional TOSLINK cable)

You should keep the UC connected via USB, until you configured the routing.
After that I would disconnect and operate it in stand-alone mode.

Word clock should not be required if Audient and UC have an ADAT IN port and can read the clock from it.
You only need then in total 2+2 = 4 TOSLINK cables.

The Audient ASP 800 does not have an ADAT IN port. Also only one Wordclock.

Can the RME UFXII send sync signals from both spdif and wordclock, or can I use a BNC splitter from the RME UFXII?

Thank you!

You can use WC for audient and ADAT for clock sync for the UC.

BR Ramses - UFX III, 12Mic, XTC, ADI-2 Pro FS R BE, RayDAT, X10SRi-F, E5-1680v4, Win10Pro22H2, Cub13

For the information I ended up syncing with wordclock.
UFXII as master, to RME UC as slave, and from UC to the ASP. The setup seems stable. Haven't tried multitracking yet...

Also seemed to work with the spdif syncing.

Thank you for the help!

You're welcome, thanks for the feedback.