Topic: DIGICheck in both taskbar and system tray. WHY?

I seriosly dislike the fact that there is no way to hide DIGICheck from the taskbar as it is already in the system tray where I want it to be. I'd like to have D.C. always in the background but it takes precious space on the taskbar and it isn't really needed there, so why not it optional to show it only in tray. Fix this _please_?
And Thanks for great audiointerfaces.

Re: DIGICheck in both taskbar and system tray. WHY?

We don't know how to break this. Every window of DC is an application, therefore automatically seen in the Taskbar.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

I would also like to have such an option to disable the taskbar entry because I always have just one window/function opened at the same time.

4 (edited by Timur 2008-07-24 22:57:27)

Strange, I like it the other way around. I find it very irritating to have Digicheck and Totalmit in the Taskbar and regulary click on their taskbar buttons for activation while the Fireface settings dialog wont show up in the Taskbar and thus I have to aim for its tiny tray-icon every time I need it up front. I guess having it optional for all of RME's applications is the way to go. wink

The settings dialog is a standard windows dialog that can not have an entry in the taskbar. That's how MS defined it. It would require us to write the Settings dialog as normal application, but we have no time for this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No problem Matthias, it's not like if you need the settings dialog thaaat often (mostly when testing stuff). Albeit it can become a nuissance whenever you need access to the mic gain-settings.

You don't plan to make the settings Midi controlable anytime soon, do you (even if remote controlable mic-gain is a Micstacy exclusive feature at the moment)? wink

7 (edited by Dandruff 2008-07-25 13:24:08)

MC wrote:

The settings dialog is a standard windows dialog that can not have an entry in the taskbar. That's how MS defined it. It would require us to write the Settings dialog as normal application, but we have no time for this.

and you also still didn't find a way to (re)store the position of the settings window? that would really be a nice improvement (to get it opened on my second display here)! hope you can find a solution for this smile

also a minimize button in the totalmix window is still missing sad

I have to say I don't completely understand. I have loads of programs that are normal "applications" yet give the user a choice to whether it is shown in the taskbar and/or in the system tray (the first that springs to mind is winamp). What I don't get is why DC has to be shown in both the taskbar and system tray at the same time.
Thanks for your replies tho Mathias.