Topic: Any experience with HDSPe on Linux?

Hi. World Family of Radio Maria is an international network of radio stations operating from 57 countries worldwide. We are investigating the possibility of integrating our Linux IT infrastructure with our professional audio network based on MADI. I would approciate the more experienced RME and Linux users to share their experience with us.

There is a posting on the ALSA mailing list stating that the PCIe version of the HDSP MADI interface works on vanilla linux. Did anybody try it? How reliable is RME equipment coupled with Linux and Jack?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Re: Any experience with HDSPe on Linux?

Alex Baretta wrote:

Hi. World Family of Radio Maria is an international network of radio stations operating from 57 countries worldwide. We are investigating the possibility of integrating our Linux IT infrastructure with our professional audio network based on MADI. I would approciate the more experienced RME and Linux users to share their experience with us.

There is a posting on the ALSA mailing list stating that the PCIe version of the HDSP MADI interface works on vanilla linux. Did anybody try it? How reliable is RME equipment coupled with Linux and Jack?

Thanks for any help you can give me.

Hi
My First post!
I'm using the hdsp on Linux with Jack and Ardour and it works fine showing all 26 tracks in Ardour.
Just loading up  a new install of 64studio and will let you know how it goes.
Cheers
Bob