Topic: Adi 2 Spdif input problem

Hello everyone,
I've got an adi 2 converter hooked up via spdif to an mbox 2, and I'm getting loud burst of noise when I try to record through the converter. I got my Pro Tools session set up at 48 khz, with the mbox receiving the clock from the adi 2. The clock seems to be stable and  there's no light blinking on the adi front panel. Playback from protools is fine as well. But when i try to record something even though the input meters on the adi are peaking at around -10 - 14 i get really nasty distortion on the recorded file, and the meters on the protools mixer peak like crazy. Basically when the signal level is really low i get a nice recording, but as soon as the level rise a little the recordings come out clipped as hell, even though i'm really far from clipping the converter. I've got a really early Adi 2 model, bought around february 2006.
Any ideas? what am i doing wrong?

thanks,

Valerio

Re: Adi 2 Spdif input problem

Hi Valerio,

what happens if you switch ProTools to "Input-Monitoring" (green "I"-Button next to the "R"-Button) in Stop or Playback? Are you sure, that there is no Feeback-Circuit in your Setup?

Regards,
clAUDIO

Re: Adi 2 Spdif input problem

Valerio,

what is the signal at the analog output of the ADI-2 like, if you connect digital out and in directly?

Kind regards,
Stephan Flock