Topic: Feature request for Global Meter Setup

Dear Herr Carstens,

I welcome all the new and upcoming features of Digicheck.

But I'm still missing this one:

with the Global Meters-function I don't see a way to turn on only selected channels (as you can with Multi Channel Level Meter).

Since Global Level Meter-function shows all channels (can be up to 64 with a MADI-card) it would be EXTREMELY helpful to have this option there as well. If 'm using for instance only 15 channels and I want to see all those 15 channels I can't use the  Multi Channel Level Meter-setup (because it has only eight bars) but the Global one.

In this case the meter shows me the 15 channels but the obsolete 49 channels as well!!

Please please make it possible showing only those channels I want!!!!

Thanks a lot

Andreas Neubronner, Stuttgart

Andreas Neubronner
Tritonus Musikproduktion GmbH, Stuttgart (Germany)
www.tritonus.de

Re: Feature request for Global Meter Setup

I absolutely agree.  That would really be awesome.  I also only use 28 channels of madi and have absolutely no use for the other meters.  A way to disable them would be HUGE.

I scale the window horizontally to the desired amount of channels.
But: I agree this would be an awesome feature for those who cannot change the channel assignment.

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

Hi folks,

thanks for the unexpected feedback. Hopefully we can convince Herrn Carstens that this feature is an important one. I know that there are workarounds possible but it's always the 2nd best solution :-))

Regards from Germany

Andreas Neubronner

Andreas Neubronner
www.tritonus.de

tritonus wrote:

Please please make it possible showing only those channels I want!!!!

Well, I'm only on the FF800 here, but still, same problem in a little smaller scope...
wink

Anyway, I think I would love to have a very simple one button solution to hide all channels without actual signal - so not really a huge setup dialog to specify up to 64 inputs with a dropdown each (as we have for the other meters), but an automated function... For digital channels it must be easy to discriminate signal/no signal, for analog channels it could maybe be some kind of threshold or whatever...

What do you think? Best,
laex

DC rules!

Ok, here is a quick workaround for all you global guys: Download

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/dc_select.zip

Start Global Level Meter, hit F2, then click the 'Select Channels' button. You now see a On/Off button per channel. Configure as desired. The moment you hit the Channel Select button again all channels switched off will vanish. Global On and Off - well you know this software, do you? ;-)

This is a quick solution with some limitations (CPU still rendering all channels, changing to a different card will retain these settings...), but I think you will like it anyway.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Any chance you could add this to the mac DC as well?

Of course.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you, Thank you, Thank you.

Dear Herr Carstens,

thanks for listening to our request!

But the download-link doesn't work!!

Regards

Andreas Neubronner

Andreas Neubronner
www.tritonus.de

If you use the right one it does. Version 5.2....

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

No, the download link to dc-select doesn't work. I'm getting the message: ERROR 404 File not found.

Andreas Neubronner

Andreas Neubronner
www.tritonus.de

tritonus wrote:
MC wrote:

No, the download link to dc-select doesn't work. I'm getting the message: ERROR 404 File not found.

Andreas Neubronner

Wow, the download link to dc select.zip is still not working but the brandnew 5.2 does exactly what we need. Thanks so much, Herr Carstens :-)))))

Andreas Neubronner

Andreas Neubronner
www.tritonus.de

THIS IS AWESOME!

I am very happy that it was made available in such a short amount of time.
RME is the best!

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

I also wanna thank you, MC and RME, for this really great improvement! I just installed DC5.2 and found some strange behaviour with the new GlobalLevelMeter:

When I select this function (no matter what function was selected before, works even when reselectiong GLM or after DC restart), I get one of two awkward things, IF I left the GLM showing only the selected channels (ie. having the "select channels" button off - this is a bit confusing...).

http://stuff.laex.name/forumFiles/dc5.2_globalLM_oneDeadChannel.png http://stuff.laex.name/forumFiles/dc5.2_globalLM_someRandomChannels.png

I have no idea what case A might be, and I have no clue at all where the strange selection of case B comes from - it has nothing to do with my intended selection... I got case B whilst having another DC window running GlobalRecord, usually I get case A...

In either case I have to go into the function settings window and click on the newly added "select channels" button (on) to see all channels or click it twice (on/off) to see only my selected channels. (The selection is remembered even after a DC restart...)

Repro:
- open DC5.2, open GLM
- turn "select channels" off, ie. show only selected channels (well, the selection is unimportant)
a) reselect GLM
or b) close and reopen DC
or c) switch to some other function and come back to GLM

anyone else?
best,
laex

DC rules!

This could be a little bug...
When switching the newly added button in the settings twice you are back...

So a new workaround for the workaround :-)

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

hi Zapp!

do you experience the same strange (bug?) behaviour?

best,
laex

DC rules!

18 (edited by Zapp 2009-06-25 22:18:50)

I think the guys at RME have done a good job in providing us with this new feature.
It is just a few meters away from destiny...:-)

edit: specially from saving the settings...

regards
Zapp

Regards
Zapp

The Select Channel button has been fixed. Replace 5.2 with this exe:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/digicheck_test.zip

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Any word on the mac digicheck?  It's been a while since the last update and I could really use a status report.

Thanks,
Brian

MC wrote:

The Select Channel button has been fixed. Replace 5.2 with this exe:

(Well, the button as such has never been kaputt, has it..? wink)

Honestly, the fix is great - I was not able to force it to do something undesirable!!
Thank you very very much, again!!
laex

DC rules!