Topic: Mac Digicheck - what's up?

Ok, so a couple of months ago the mac digicheck beta development seemed to be in full swing.  Now, I haven't heard a thing and the last digicheck beta thread is full of crash reports.  I asked about the global meter select when it was patched for windows, and I was promised a mac version.

What's up? 

Digicheck has not been behaving with nuendo either.  I'll be working away, checking my rms with digicheck.  I'll apple-tab to digicheck, then back to N4.  When I try to go back to digicheck a second time, the meter window has closed and I have to set up my meters from scratch.  This happens repeatedly.  I have tried erasing everything related to digicheck (in the library and elsewhere) and reinstalling but to no avail.  It would have not been a big deal, but I cant figure out how to open a saved meter configuration... I can save it, but can't get it to open.

I would just like to have a version of digicheck, beta or not, with global meter select, and the ability to open saved meter configs.  Not crashing would be great too, but as long as it's beta, I can't really complain as it is very isolated and never affects other running processes.

RME has been too quiet about the mac digicheck for me to feel comfortable.

Peace,
Brian

Re: Mac Digicheck - what's up?

+1
And i really like to see the Global Record Function implented

+1!

Even a short comment would be welcome! Any news?

philoton

Fireface 800, 2x RME Octamic D
MacPro 2x3GHz Quad-Core Intel Xeon
MacBook Pro 2,4Ghz
Nuendo 7.1

DIGICheck Mac will be updated around beginning of August. We will try to adress the CPU load problem, the crash problem, and add the Channel Select function for Global Level meter. Global Record will not come yet.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thank you for the information! That sounds great. Can?t wait!
philoton

P.S.: I?m using Digicheck (Mac) and Nuendo (4.1.3) without Problems...Switching from N4 to DC with Apple-Tab back and forward no problem here...

MacBook Pro 2,4Ghz
Nuendo 7.1

Thanks MC.  Hey philoton, what version of os x do you use?  Also, do you use spaces?  I'm trying to track this down...

Hi bmdaugherty,
I?m using a MacBook Pro with OSX 10.4.11 (no spaces, of course) and a Mac Pro Intel Xeon 8core with OSX 10.5.7 (with spaces). So far I never had a problem using Nuendo (still at version 4.1.3) and  Digicheck at the same time. Most of the time I have the Digicheck window in the same space as the Nuendo project and use the Command-Tab-function to switch between them.

Hope you can work out your problem.
All the best
philoton

MacBook Pro 2,4Ghz
Nuendo 7.1