Topic: Feature Request / Recording

during 3 days we recorded around 20 live concerts during 3 days.

So from, we use 3 madiface to record 3x64 tracks, with nuendo 4. (2 pre fader / and  1 post fader)

By the way I should have to record on one computer, 64 tracks without the dongle of nuendo (used for mixing a concert quickly) , so I decided to use the digicheck record.

It works well, but it take a very very long time to convert at the end the big tracks to 64 individual tracks.

So the request is here :

Could it be possible to choose at the begining the file format we need (multi track, stereo stracks, mono tracks) ?
So from, when the record is finish, we can easyly and quiclky start another one without waiting about writing individuals tracks.

Thanks a lot.

2 (edited by laex 2009-08-16 11:31:21)

Re: Feature Request / Recording

I don't think that that is the way to go... Writing all channels into one interleaved multichannel file is one of the main features of DCRecord, an important part of the philosophy of the workflow, IMHO... Only this guarantees the best results and superior results!

I agree that splitting it up to mono files takes a while. But if you save it to a multichannel file right after recording (what takes about one second, if you save it to the same partition as the temp-file), you can split it up whenever you want to later, and you can start the next recording right away!!

And also, Cubendo can work with DC's multichannel files. So you can also split it up when importing into these programmes...

Best,
laex

DC rules!

ok, so saving a multichannel of 64 tracks is done quickly.

So from I can record another session few minutes after. And the day after, I import the multichannel file and then decide to split it to 64 single files. Is that way right ?

Thanks a lot. Very nice forum !

Yes, that's how I would do it...
cool

You can split the multichannel file after reloading it into DC, or when importing it into Cubendo...

BTW: Personally, I record live gigs exclusively with DC and import the files into Cubase afterwards. I try to avoid as many potential sources of errors as possible and DC is more reliable and ressource friendly (!) than Cubase, IMHO... But of course, with a stable computer, Cubendo will usually be fine for live recording, too...!

Best,
laex

DC rules!

Another question :

What is the maximum length (audio time) we can record with DC ? I mean about time limitation about the wav file format.
Unless that DC is using Wave64 file format.

Thanks

Online help or

http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=323

post 7.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Nice !  sorry for not having looking through the forum...

Recently someone ask about big wav file (recorded during few hours with nuendo) but with bad headers (limiting to 2Go length), and how it was possible to split them or transform then to w64 standard. I did it once but it was quit fastidious (programming and analysing files, writing the headers through a hex editor, on so on...).

Does any one knows if there is a real soft that would help him ? (I will be able to develop a soft for that but I've don't time to realize it before few weeks by the reason I work on lot of lives recording (thanks to rme we hown 3 madiface that allow us to record 192 tracks at once with our computers on  it never fails since we get these interfaces !!!).

Grag38