1 (edited by Grag38 2009-09-02 10:49:22)

Topic: digicheck help...

We've recorded 13 lives concerts this week-end. I used the last Digicheck to record 64 tracks from madiface.
The result is IU've got huge wav file with 64 tracks inside. There is no trouble to break it in 64 individual tracks with my pc.

But my friend use a mac system with nuendo 4.3, and it's impossible for him to import this file into nuendo. By the way digicheck for mac doesn't support 'global record ' function.

How can he slice our big wav file to 64 tracks with a macintosh ?

Thanks for your help

In other way, if I could know about the file format it could help me to develop a soft that would be able to save the file to the 64 individual files. I'll try understand how datas are organised in this wav file...

Re: digicheck help...

Why not import all 64 single (split) tracks?

And there seems to  be a solution for Mac, from a different post:

> 4. Faster de-interleaving process (like De-Interleaver for Mac OS X does this - don't know how it does work, but it splits files recorded with DC in a fraction of the time DC uses for this)

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

+1 for De-Interleaver

http://scottwilson.ca/files/De-Interleaver.zip

Frank Lockwood
https://LockwoodARS.com
Fireface 800, Firmware 2.77
Drivers: Win10, 3.125; Mac, 3.36

MC wrote:

Why not import all 64 single (split) tracks?

And there seems to  be a solution for Mac, from a different post:

> 4. Faster de-interleaving process (like De-Interleaver for Mac OS X does this - don't know how it does work, but it splits files recorded with DC in a fraction of the time DC uses for this)

just because, my friend owns only one wav file with 64 tracks (multiplexed in one file), and even if I could 'split' the file with my pc, I'm just comming back home which is 600km far from my friend.

So I'm just trying to find a way to help him with his mac computers, far from my home. The last solution would implies me to send him a hard disk with all of the files 'splited'...

I'll try your soft 'de-interleved' and will be back to tell you about the results.

thanks for the speed of all of your answers.

Raph

ps: sorry if my english is not 'clean', I'm french...

So, in Nuendo, there is an option in Editing>Audio>On Import Audio Files>Split Multi-channel Files.  This works for me.  By the way, quicktime pro in os x will record all 64 streams from madi to one single file, exactly as you have described.  I use this method all of the time in Nuendo to import my 64 channel file.  If you don't check that preference I mentioned above nuendo crashes...

it doesn't work also.

I'm just writing a C program to split wav file to w64 individual files. I'm testing it on 40Go files.
It's a ansi C sources, so from if someone could compile it on mac os x for me it would be very kind of him.

Please send me an private mail to tell me if you can compile it for me. Thanks.

If it work, I will let this source as Gpl free license, of course.

For clarification, are you talking about my method?  I've used this several times, so I don't understand why it wouldn't work...