Topic: DigiCheck 5.2.1 problems

Since version 5.2 (and now 5.2.1) I have the problem that work spaces are not memorized correctly. Whenever I save a new one it is
not recalled correctly ... windows are misplaced or just not showing up. The PC with XP SP3 (DigiFace with HDSPe PCIe card) has three monitors attached and I have the feeling it may have something to do with this. Usually I switch between surround and stereo work spaces. There is only one window for surround and this
gets recalled correct but the stereo work spaces have six DC windows open for different monitoring purposes at once and recalling them is broken since 5.2.
Starting DigiCheck never recalled a multi window setup correctly. That was also true since 5.0 but recalling a work space after starting the app recalled
the correct settings. This is broken on my particular system since 5.2 therefore I went back to 5.1.

Re: DigiCheck 5.2.1 problems

It works on dual screen systems. Please remove one monitor temporarily and check if it works then. That would help us to find a fix more quickly.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

It works on dual screen systems. Please remove one monitor temporarily and check if it works then. That would help us to find a fix more quickly.

Sure, i never had problems like I described on my other work place where DC is running on a dual monitor setup. I will see if I find the time soon to do what you suggested. It seems you don't have a triple monitor setup at hand.

I took some time to check if the problems I'm having with recalling the work spaces in DC since 5.2 are related to the three monitors I use
with this mastering computer. Now I'm sure about this, because I disconnected one monitor and tried 5.2.2 with no ill effects concerning the
work spaces. Reconnecting the third monitor brought the problems back. The work spaces with six DC windows are recalled incomplete.
I went back to 5.1 which works even with three monitors.

Thanks for testing. Can you please send me a dcs file with multiple windows that fails on three monitors?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

Thanks for testing. Can you please send me a dcs file with multiple windows that fails on three monitors?

Done. Sent to the support email address.

I just want to say 'many thanks' to RME and especially Matthias Carstens in public. They ironed out the problems I had with my triple monitor setup and DC. They eliminated the bugs in a very short time. That's first class service! I have criticized RME in public, and will do so if I feel the need, but I think it's then fair to praise their excellent customer service and technical abilities too.