Topic: Digiface not powered by HDSPe PCIe

I have installed the HDSPe PCIe and Digiface on my new OSX10.6 MacPro 2x2.66 (Nehalem). It turned out to be a nightmare, because I am not able to get HDSPe to "see" the Digiface. The PCIe card itself is probably correctly installed as I was able to flash it to current version 18 with the FUP (says up-to-date now) and also the drivers (removed correctly and installed again many times, v2.70) seems to be ok, as all the files are in correct location and I can open the DSP panel and mixer. DSP panel says "Error" in the I/O Status Box and the host LED on the Digiface does not light at all (even on power up). I have another MacPro (G5) running Multiface through HDSP PCI. I tried to connect that Multiface through its (old) cable to the new PCIe and the same situation (like no power) occured. I am quite sure that the cable and the Multiface are ok, as they do work with the G5. I have called the dealer and they suggested to check the jumpers on the new PCIe card, but I can not find any info about it on RME web nor here. What are they for? Are there any other things to check out before sending the card back?

Thank you very much,
Syncro / GunJah Records
www.gunjah.cz
www.myspace.com/gunjahrec

Re: Digiface not powered by HDSPe PCIe

There are no jumpers that affect power supply. The HOST LED should be on. If you have a suitable external power supply, you could test with that. But from your report I would suspect that something's wrong with the card, sorry.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thank you very much Mr. Fuchs. I do not have the external power supply, but it should work without it, I think. I will send the card back.

Regards, Syncro

It should work without indeed... This was just intended as a test, to find out whether it's only the fact that the card apparently doesn't supply power or something else.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME