Topic: HDSPe + Multiface 1 + Windows7 x64 on Macbook Pro

I've successfully installed Windows 7 x64 on a Macbook Pro (Core 2 Duo, late 2006 model), but I cannot get the HDSPe/Multiface to work.

The driver installation (3.082) finishes without problems and after rebooting the device manager shows "device is working properly". Totalmix and settings icons are shown, too, but without function. There seems to be no connection to the Multiface (the LED remains red, no blinking).

Any idea how I could get it to work with Win 7 x64? The hardware runs without problems with Mac OS X.

Re: HDSPe + Multiface 1 + Windows7 x64 on Macbook Pro

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the MF?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: HDSPe + Multiface 1 + Windows7 x64 on Macbook Pro

RME Support wrote:

Have you tried disconnecting/reconnecting the MF?

That's what I did before installing the driver.

Now I've started windows again after disconnecting everything, but the RME audio device does not show up again. So I shut down and booted windows without the HDSPe card. After inserting the card the RME audio device is visible again (btw it is a "Multimedia Controller" under "Unspecified Devices" in "Devices and Printers", not sure if this is how it should be).

Anyway, the red LED was still on. I also tried Digicheck. ASIO Hammerfall was the only driver available, but device was "MADI" which is not correct.

Shutdown does not seem to work as expected, too. With the HDSPe card inserted, the computer hangs during this process.

Another observation: When I open the properties of the RME device, I cannot get the resources tab to show. Managment console hangs and has to be closed manually.