Topic: User report: Driver collision with M-Audio 18/14 Firewire interface

A user sent me this report, which I'm posting here without being able to verify it. Maybe it will help someone at some point...

I would like to inform you about a bug I've discovered. I got from a friend a multiface(1) with a HDSP PCI card. The windows didn't recognize the new hardware and the "find new hardware wizard" didn't pop up.
I've tried everything and just couldn't install the card. I gave up.
I also use M-audio 18/14 Firewire interface with this computer. no matter the reason, I've un-installed the M-audio Firewire x86 driver(newest) that was installed on my PC and the instant I finished,
Windows identified the HDSP card, "find new hardware wizard" poped-up and now everything is working great. I've installed a previous version of the M-audio firewire driver and now they both work.
I'm guessing the new M-audio x86 driver messed it all up.

I'm working with Win XP 32bit SP3, intel e6700 core 2 due, 4GB RAM, nVidia 7300GT, Gigabyte GA-965P-DQ motherboard.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Re: User report: Driver collision with M-Audio 18/14 Firewire interface

Got a similar probem last week with a driver update for the M-Audio Midi interface (2x2). All other Midi ports in the system (FF400 and a Tascam US144) disappeared.

Re: User report: Driver collision with M-Audio 18/14 Firewire interface

Windows XP limitierte Anzahl an WDM und MIDI Devices hat nichts mit obigem Fall zu tun.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME