Topic: Lynx Two B < RME product? only use AES/EBU out_ 2 channel

What RME product would you guys suggest I look at?

I am using Lynx Two B in a Hi resolution audio setup.

I play wav files thru the Lynx card, go digital AES/EBU out to a digital crossover.

Am tri-amping from there, using the DACs from each channel of the crossover to go analog to amps.

So, all I really need is two channel EAS/EBU digital out.

However, purity, high resolution - accuracy are highest importance.

I see nice comments on the internet about RME- AES 32.

However, 32 channels does seem like overkill.

what RME product would be an upgrade in sound quality? Yet not have 30 channels I don't need?

also, Lynx card is PCI, probably time to move to PCIe.

thanks for suggestions/comments

Re: Lynx Two B < RME product? only use AES/EBU out_ 2 channel

I'm not sure how much SQ difference you'd hear (if any) between 2 different AES Digital cards.  If your DAC's are of high-quality (and I bet they are!), what little jitter they are presented with is basically squashed in its re-clocking stage.  A descent 110 Ohm AES Cable to the DAC's and you should be in good shape - no need to "upgrade" how the 1's and 0's get out of the PC IMO...

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8

Well, I am reconfiguring, want to move to PCIs slot, so I'm going to give it a try.

Do want to keep it to one slot, if I can, though.

Maybe the HDSPe I/O card that has the single AES output and a fairly high-end pair of AD/DA's?  Aside from that, it appears all of RME's PCIe based AES solutions are aimed at multitrack setups.  The USB solutions might be a better fit?

I'm still over on PCI myself, but run multiple modern i7 DAW systems (had some of the same RME hardware since the P4 days!!!).  Unless you are specifically on a Mac Pro, most any modern PC (i5/i7) still has at least one PCI bus - a GREAT way to save a ton of cash! (Staying with PCI literally saved me thousands!!!).  The Audio Performance (SQ and low-latency scaling) of any DAW will not be compromised by using a PCI audio card (assuming the PCI bus isn't saturated with other traffic - on a PC DAW or any modern PC, I doubt it is).

cool

MADIface-XT+ARC / 3x HDSP MADI / ADI648
2x SSL Alphalink MADI AX
2x Multiface / 2x Digiface /2x ADI8