Topic: Digicheck Global Record for multiple cards?

Hi,
I just have a quick question regarding Global Record.

Yesterday, I ugraded my rig with a second HDSP9652 card, so I now have two of these running in my DAW, giving me 48 channels of ADAT I/O.
I want to use this for live recordings where the 24 channels of only one card were not sufficient.
Normally, I use Cubase for recording, but would rather like to use Digicheck's Global Record function (as this doesn't require a dongle). So far, I haven't managed to get Global Record to run for both cards simultanously.
Is this even possible? If not, is it a planned feature for future versions of Digicheck? Or do I have to stick to Cubase for making recordings that use both cards?

Greetings,
  Robert

Re: Digicheck Global Record for multiple cards?

On our list.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Not sure it works, but I would try this way:
- open a first DC window, set global recorder,and assign it to card #1
- open a 2nd DC window and assign it to card #2
- use of an external preamp gear with one mic at your control desk, routed in dual mono to the preamp SPDIF outputs
- connect SPL to SPDIF input card #1, then SPR to SPDIF input card #2
- route those triggering SPDIF input L,R channels to both global recorder SPDIF input channels through Totalmix (which allows to control your HDSP as separate layout)
- start recording with any delay between group 1 & 2, then clap your hands or whatever you want to your mic at control desk
Now, you can further make use of those SPDIF channels to precisely realign the two separate groups of ADAT tracks into any montage
Bonus :-)
you can use this extra mic for live comments during your recording session as well
Hope it helps
Regards

HDSP 9632, Octamic D, Head Acoustics, WL6, NVH software tools

I thought about somethng along these lines, but in the end I just prefer to have everything aligned correctly without having to resort to manual methods. I'll just continue using Cubase until Digicheck supports recording for both cards simultaneously.
Besides, I don't have an A/D with SPDIF. If you happen to know a brand that manufactures them for a reasonable price, I'd like to know - that way I could use all 52 channels of my audio system - and that would simplify an upcoming recording where I just need those 4 extra channels - right now I'd use 2 Cubase systems via System Link.

Greetings,
  Robert

All right Robert

A versatile preamp for mobile project with a rugged housing: EDIROL UA-25 ~220 euros
the one I am going to buy personaly

USB 2.0 life easy plug to computer cool, but you need to assign the 3rd ADAT pair of the HDSP9652 daughter board to interface with (no coax SPDIF available), also available on Firewire type (FA-66) but firewire :roll
Alternatively, M-audio USB, cheaper but less features and hmm
On PCI bus, ECHO Mia midi, ~165 euros but no phantom power for mics, ECHO GINA3G - what a lovely bomb :-O- more expensive ~370 euros

Pierre

To MC
an idea to sync multiple DC recorders:
add a TRIG button onto the transport control interface, so what when firstly individually armed by the record button (pause mode) all opened recorders would be started and synced together by any of the TRIG buttons, same way to stop them all in one go or back to individual stop where required

Kind regards

HDSP 9632, Octamic D, Head Acoustics, WL6, NVH software tools