Topic: Hello .. RME HDSP 9632 PCI with Mac Os X Lion (10.7.2) ..

when will be driver for this card ?

Eliran Haliva.

Re: Hello .. RME HDSP 9632 PCI with Mac Os X Lion (10.7.2) ..

Sorry, no driver planned... There are no PCI slots in the Mac Pro.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

so what i need to do ? sell this sound card it's cost me 850$ 4 years ago

to make driver take 10 min
i sure there is a lot of people have this card with new os x 10.7.2

The card will continue to work in system surroundings that feauture PCI slots. There are no PCI slots in Mac Pro computers, so the card can not be physically installed.

The fact that Apple no longer support PCI has nothing to do with the price of the 9632, obviously.
If you wish to use a Mac Pro and have no other use for the card, then selling it is an option indeed.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

okay thanks for your answer
i think  sell it and go for: NATIVE INSTRUMENTS KOMPLETE AUDIO 6

chip and do the work i prefer my own RME 9632 but it doesn't work again sad

thanks.

The  card works. But there is no PCI slot in the Mac Pro. The RME HDSPe AIO can be installed, as it's a PCIe card.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

you do trade in from hasp 9632 to hdspe aio ?

Sorry, no.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Selling a card privately and directly will fetch you more than any trade-in, be it from a dealer or the manufacturer...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

i have friend in Netherlands Amsterdam so where is there shop i can buy RME HDSPe AIO ? and how much it cost ?

http://www.midi-amsterdam.nl/catalog/

Vincent, Amsterdam
https://soundcloud.com/thesecretworld
Babyface pro fs, HDSP9652+ADI-8AE, HDSP9632

RME Support wrote:

The  card works. But there is no PCI slot in the Mac Pro. The RME HDSPe AIO can be installed, as it's a PCIe card.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

p.s.
i have pci slot on my computer and i run mac os x lion 10.7.2
so the card doesn't work
all i need is it little driver
but as you say no driver has to be release in the future so it's very sad you stop support old RME HDSP 9632 costumers .

EliranHaliva wrote:

i have pci slot on my computer and i run mac os x lion 10.7.2

Then your Mac is not a Mac, but some kind of "Hackintosh", which I'm afraid we will not support

but as you say no driver has to be release in the future so it's very sad you stop support old RME HDSP 9632 costumers .

The card is fully supported under e.g. W7/64. So you seem to have your accusations going in the wrong direction. It is Apple who chose to abandon PCI since the Intel based Mac Pro.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

if it's fully supported why there is no driver for mac os x?
apple need to make a driver for rme hdsp 9632 ?

think you made the sound card so you need to make driver for this

windows 7 /64 bit isn't the subject here... i think (my opinion) most people are make music pro work on mac pro and other stuff from apple
so if this is original mac pro etc. . . or hackintosh as pci (new or old one) need to be supported

you can take the fireface 400 and do few changes to be fit to 9632.

please try to reconsider this option for all are still want use hdsp 9632 with mac pro or old mac (thats run mac lion) with pci slot ..

thanks Eliran.

EliranHaliva wrote:

if it's fully supported why there is no driver for mac os x?

What is supported? "Hackintosh"  computers (OSX installations on regular PCs with non-Apple hardware are not supported officially by Apple, and we have no intentions to provide drivers for such solutions.

think you made the sound card so you need to make driver for this

We make drivers for the hardware platforms we support officially. Since the Mac Pro does not have PCI slots, and both 10.6 and 10.7 will only work on the Intel Mac, this platform is not suited for the HDSP 9632.

windows 7 /64 bit isn't the subject here... i think (my opinion) most people are make music pro work on mac pro and other stuff from apple

This is an old urban legend - not much more today IMHO. My point was that the card still does work on current computer systems - but not on the Mac Pro.

so if this is original mac pro etc. . . or hackintosh as pci (new or old one) need to be supported

See above. No support for non-official OSX installations, sorry.

you can take the fireface 400 and do few changes to be fit to 9632.

Thanks, I'll forward this to our driver developers. I am sure it will be really easy with this advice. HeadScratch

please try to reconsider this option for all are still want use hdsp 9632 with mac pro or old mac (thats run mac lion) with pci slot ..

Old PCI based (PPC) Macs will not run 10.7.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Big thanks for all your answer smile

i think i give a try for other sound card but i know that i'm going to suffer and buy new RME card

you can lock this threat big thanks
Eliran smile

The HDSPe AIO has all the features of the 9632, plus some more. If you have no further use for the old card (I think it is always good to keep old systems for backup), it will still be worth something to others if you sell it on ebay or here on the forum.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi Daniel,
if it's not supported anymore, can you please release the source code?
There are still many 9632 users who want to keep using this card on Lion...

Thanks in advance.

If you can get Microsoft to release the full source codes for Window 98 with the same kind of argument, I will consider asking our developers to think about your proposal... HeadScratch

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

20 (edited by Mahmoud nada 2012-03-20 06:15:40)

I need hdsp 9632 drivers for mac os x lion toooooooo :-O:-O:-O:-O
please RME support us
I bought my card 2 dayes ago and useless fryingpan
please please please support us

Mr. Daniel Fuchs
please we need a drive . I am disappointed :roll

It's not going to happen, sorry.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

Exactly. Sorry, but that's how it is. If you want a card similar to the 9632 on the Mac, the AIO is an ideal choice....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

could I exchange my card ?

No, sorry. See above, post # 8 and 9...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

26 (edited by rme-user01 2013-12-03 09:41:33)

If it's true what an obviously skilled reverse engineer said on a hackintosh forums a cpl of yrs ago, it's really strange with the 9632 and RME's strategy about it:

as far as I can tell the only difference in the audio path for the older cards is the driver contains an integer-to floating-point conversion routine (PCI cards supply the audio data as integer and the driver converts to float, and the newer cards do this conversion in hardware, so the routine is now missing from the driver)

and:

and dropping the PCI support from the Mac driver involved removing 5 lines of C++ source code.

I can't tell if that is right or just an imputation. But what I know is that RME's v1.73 driver supported PCI natively and in later versions it was not supported anymore, which makes is most likely that some kind of active changing/removing of code has taken place to bar PCI...

Anyway aside from that tech thing which I really cannot prove, I don't understand one simple thing with RME's strategy here.

---
I really wonder if telling the disappointed pro-sumers again and again in terms of full cost accounting (dt. betriebswirtschaftliche Vollkostenrechnung) is economically cheaper than leaving these cpl of code-instructions in place?
---

I mean: there are thousands of ppl running the 9632 on OSX in pro-sumer-studios around the world for a reason: RME's product quality is simply outstanding and all we want is keep using our workflow without having to exchange things again and again. Most of us are simply no technicians we are just musicians or producers who wanna make music and don't want to temper with tech too much.

Thanks from Berlin