1 (edited by funkyspacecadet 2012-09-02 11:49:28)

Topic: Win8: For those needing the 1394 OHCI (Legacy) driver.

Hi,

For those who are running Windows 8 and want to use their RME Fireface 400/800 cards (and other brands of FW cards should apply) and need to use the legacy firewire driver please try these steps.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, BACKUP FIRST, DO NOT TAKE ADVICE FROM STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET AS GOSPEL. HUG A KITTEN. smile

Get yourself access to a Windows 7 computer, if you are running Win8 32bit then you need Win 7 32bit, if you are running Win8 x64 you need files from a Win7 x64 computer.

Locate these files from a Windows 7 machine:

c:\windows\inf\1394.inf
c:\windows\inf\1394.pnf
c:\windows\system32\drivers\1394bus.sys
c:\windows\system32\drivers\1394ohci.sys
c:\windows\system32\drivers\ohci1394.sys

Copy all these files into a folder of your choice on your Windows 8 computer.

Then follow this guide on how to reboot without driver signing enabled: http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php … -windows-8

Once you have rebooted with driver signing disabled you can proceed.

You can then go into Device Manager:
1. Expand IEEE 1394 Host Controllers
2. Right click on your firewire controller and choose Update Driver Software
3. Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software"
4. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
5. Click Have Disk
6. Click Browse
7. Browse to the folder where you placed the Win7 FW drivers and click Open.
8. You can then install the 1394 OHCI (Legacy) driver.
9. Windows will warn you about unsigned drivers, just accept and continue the install.

You will need to reboot, most certainly using the unsigned driver / advanced boot method from the link above.

NOTE: The only problem I'm having is that I have to repeat the bootup process every time I reboot to have audio.  The RME Fireface 400 drivers don't seem to play well if I use any other firewire driver.  The legacy works - so far, perfectly for me.

So far this driver is working flawlessly.

RME mods/devs - is it possible for you to use your position with Microsoft as developers to try get this driver back into Windows 8 or offer us a solution?  I had similar problems in Windows 7 and only the Legacy FW driver resolved the issues for me.

I hope this helps someone.

Re: Win8: For those needing the 1394 OHCI (Legacy) driver.

Sorry, on topics like this MS will not listen to us or anyone else...

But thanks for the instructions. It will be interesting to see how many people that have problems will be able to solve them this way.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Yeah I've read that MS and Apple are phasing out support for Firewire, a damn shame.

I've been testing and so far with this driver, 100% satisfied, no dropouts or buzzing and audio hanging of any kind and I've left my DAW on playback (with the volume down) just to keep the ASIO session open and have Youtub3ed and listened to mp3s for 2 hours now.

MC wrote:

Sorry, on topics like this MS will not listen to us or anyone else...

But thanks for the instructions. It will be interesting to see how many people that have problems will be able to solve them this way.

If this 'solution' of mine doesn't prove to be useful or practical - is there a firewire card that RME can suggest? Obviously I doubt any third party vendor will have drivers out yet but are there ones proven to work 100% with Win7 x64?

Sorry forgot to ask,

MC, do you know what the difference is with the legacy driver?  ie: What is different about it compared to the standard firewire drivers?

If you Google for something like : Windows 7 legacy firewire driver you will find countless posts from people with video camcorders, audio interfaces and other devices that required this driver to be changed to the legacy one in Win 7.  I'm just curious what's special / different about it.

I also had this problem with my FF400 in Win 7x64 and the legacy driver fixed it.

The newer FW driver is a complete rewrite from MS. It should work better than the old one. In reality it had a serious bug that required workarounds in our driver to make it work, and proved to be less efficient after all. In its latest version under W7 it works ok for most users. Under W8...well, time will tell...

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hallo,

To avoid a restart for every musicsession i command the folloing Text in Windows cmd

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS

This Works for me under win8 64 and fireface400 with lrgacy driver from my win7 machine fine

Hope that could help some of you

The risk of unsigned Drives is yours.

I've already set bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS prviously but still have to reboot into advanced boot mode etc 

Out of irritation and reading so many people with the VIA 6315N firewire controller having problems using the standard driver (not legacy) I ordered an SIIG controller with the TI chip.  That should work perfectly.. I hope.  Not willing to part with my lovely FF400 for a USB soundcard, this thing will die with me.. well until I have money for another RME perhaps big_smile

The standard driver has never worked for me in Win7 x64 or Win8 RTM x64 so I guess it's partly this crappy controller.

I'll report back with results when I get the card, hopefully in the next week or two as it's an import, can't find these cards in South Africa, and horribly overpriced (double the US price) sad

Without having tested very thoroughly, I found no immediate need to install anything but the standard driver after installing the FF800 on Win8 on a Mac Pro (TI)...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

On Windows 7 the LSI/Agere based Firewire solutions works without compromises with the new/standard driver, too. So getting a card based on that chipset (revision 7 or higher needed!) should help, too.

Well my SIIG controller with a Texas Instruments card arrived.

No joy sad

No matter if I use ASIO or if I play back music in my mp3 player or whatever, after about 30 seconds -3mins or so I get the looping 1ms buffer sound.."eeeeeeee" (it sounds like 1ms of sample buffer looping)

This is the *exact* symptom I had in Windows 7 x64 and it only seems resolved if I use the 'legacy' driver.  So my expensive imported FW controller card was a waste sad

*sigh*

Is there any hope? I don't really like Windows 8 but I *NEED* it because of the acessibility features, I really struggle with my eyes, some of the new features in Win8 are really helpful but I don't wanna part with my RME.

Hopefully m$ or RME can fix this eventually.

I've read that Win8 Consumer Preview of Dev Preview had the legacy drivers.. trying to find copies of the discs to see if I can obtain them from there.

What about Power Options in the control panel? This probably still needs to be set to "High Performance" when you use a PCIe FW card.

Regards,
Jeff Petersen
Synthax Inc.

13 (edited by funkyspacecadet 2012-09-20 21:08:41)

Thanks for the quick response!

Already set to High Performance and I've disabled the Speedstep/cpu scaling options in my BIOS.

Also tried resetting all my TotalMix/Fireface control panel stuff and starting from scratch, no joy.

Tried different outputs "Speakers" which is analogue 1+2 or analogue 7+8 etc; no change.

Summary is: I've been on 3 different FW controllers (two VIAs and not my TI)
Two OS's (Win7/8 x64)

I can safely say it's not the controller chips but it does seem to be the firewire driver or the interaction between RME's drivers and the FW driver, my RME, once using the 'legacy' driver will run perfectly for days on end without a single hitch.

MC,

The joys of the constantly shifting M.S FW Stack, eh... :-(

Is there any significant difference in the FW controller of the FF400 over the FF800, as I have had no issue with the FF800 in Win8RC using the standard FW driver ( TI chipset in this case ). Haven't run it up in RTM as yet.

Vin Curgiliano
AAVIM Technology
DAWbench.com

As you can conclude from the above user the problem seems to lie in the motherboard, either its basic design (where is the FW chip and how connected to) or the BIOS implementation. Has been the same for several years. A critical design like that then reacts on all kinds of changes - different FW driver, different audio interface driver...

But we have never seen differences between the FF 800 and FF 400 in such a case. They do not use the same controller (obviously, FireWire 800 is more expensive), but are both TI and therefore similar for sure.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Is there a chance TI can release their own 'legacy' driver then?

On a related note I helped someone this week, he was testing Win8 and had to used the legacy driver like me to get his FW scanner to work at all in Win8.

I'll google and poke around my BIOS settings and see, but I doubt it's going to help, personally.

Do I sound rude and desperate? smile

http://social.technet.microsoft.com/For … 158a771e1d

If anyone else here is in the same boat as me, please post on that thread and nag, nag, nag.

Seriously all Microsoft have to do is sign the bloody drivers, even if they don't bundle them with Windows 8 they could offer them as an optional download.

18 (edited by TAFKAT 2012-09-25 22:36:02)

MC wrote:

As you can conclude from the above user the problem seems to lie in the motherboard, either its basic design (where is the FW chip and how connected to) or the BIOS implementation. Has been the same for several years. A critical design like that then reacts on all kinds of changes - different FW driver, different audio interface driver...

Hey M.C

Seems a little more involved than anything at the motherboard level actually, he is also using SIIG FW controller card which has been my go to as the current motherboards have culled TI onboard , so its worth looking into further.

I'll setup a SIIG on the older X58 dev system instead of using the TI onboard under Win8 and check my reference FF800 when I get some clear air this week, and also try and get in front of one of the X Series units to see how they behave. This will effect all of my current systems if its a problem.. :-(

So far Win 8 = Vista II for me... LOL

Heres hoping M.S have the sense to continue to offer Win7 OEM for a very long time.

I Digress.

But we have never seen differences between the FF 800 and FF 400 in such a case. They do not use the same controller (obviously, FireWire 800 is more expensive), but are both TI and therefore similar for sure.

Of course the FW800, both being TI is what I was leaning towards.. :-)

Thanks

funkyspacecadet wrote:

If anyone else here is in the same boat as me, please post on that thread and nag, nag, nag.

Seriously all Microsoft have to do is sign the bloody drivers, even if they don't bundle them with Windows 8 they could offer them as an optional download.

I have thrown my hat in the ring , lets see if we can get any sense out them.

Vin Curgiliano
AAVIM Technology
DAWbench.com

19 (edited by funkyspacecadet 2012-09-26 00:12:27)

edit:
RME FF400 driver: v3.069
Firmware: 1.70

edit2:
Saw I was on firmware 1.70, updated to 1.71, powered off the RME, confirmed the flash OK - still the same problem.

Things I've tried since.

- Power Manager: Set to High Performance (I always do this anyway)
- BIOS: Disabled all CPU throttling/scaling etc;
- BIOS: Spread Spectrum enabled/disabled makes no
difference
- BIOS: Onboard soundcard is disabled
- Onboard VIA VIA 6315N / TI card no difference
- Works *perfectly* using Legacy driver (from post #1) on *both* my onboard  VIA fw controller / TI card.
- Disabled the onboard VIA controller while I'm using the TI card.

MC/RME - would this be of any use to try?
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library … 85%29.aspx

It describes various registry settings that effect the new firewire driver but I'm not a developer guy so these strings don't make a lot of sense to me.  Google doesn't show anything useful.

More info: http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/windows … 54502.aspx

TAFKAT, thanks for the assist. smile  Btw can you elaborate on Win8 having the legacy fw driver in previous builds? I looked at the Consumer Preview and Dev Preview ISOs and the files for the legacy driver are not there.

funkyspacecadet wrote:

edit:TAFKAT, thanks for the assist. smile  Btw can you elaborate on Win8 having the legacy fw driver in previous builds? I looked at the Consumer Preview and Dev Preview ISOs and the files for the legacy driver are not there.

I was actually going on your info that the Developer/Consumer builds may have had it .

I have a friend who is a dev at M.S, I might call in a favour and get him to help us with sorting the signing of the earlier legacy FW driver.

No promises but worth a shot.

Vin Curgiliano
AAVIM Technology
DAWbench.com

TAFKAT wrote:

I have a friend who is a dev at M.S, I might call in a favour and get him to help us with sorting the signing of the earlier legacy FW driver.

No promises but worth a shot.

Would be awesome if that works out! smile

Sign your unsigned driver:
http://www.deploymentresearch.com/Blog/ … mn-It.aspx

Is this still possible in W8?

One thing to mention is that the non legacy FW driver in Windows 8 seems to be better (less CPU load) than the one in Windows 7. Of course that doesn't help those people who cannot get their hardware to work with it. My LSI/Agere based FW ports work fine with any of these drivers.

24 (edited by Rupf 2012-12-29 17:05:02)

Most of the people (incl. Matthias, RME) say the legacy driver is more efficient. My personal experience on W7 proves this statement also.

Now I'm on a new machine with W8. I don't know if I should again spend hours on these driver issues and testing.

Does anybody know if it's really possible in W8 to sign your unsigned driver yourself?

EDIT: I have a TI-1394b-based PCIe card from "Dawicontrol":
DC-FW800 PCIe
3-Port IEEE 1394b FireWire™ 800 PCI-Express Controller
http://www.dawicontrol.de/index.php?cmd … p;id=media

Rupf wrote:

Sign your unsigned driver:
http://www.deploymentresearch.com/Blog/ … mn-It.aspx

Is this still possible in W8?

I managed to self-sign the Roland PCR-800 driver myself once but I had issues doing that with the legacy FW driver,

Timur Born wrote:

One thing to mention is that the non legacy FW driver in Windows 8 seems to be better (less CPU load) than the one in Windows 7. Of course that doesn't help those people who cannot get their hardware to work with it. My LSI/Agere based FW ports work fine with any of these drivers.

With a FF400 ?

It's a bit of a gamble and I'd probably have to import another FW controller card to test it myself.  All I do know is that I've always had to use the legacy FW driver with my current and old PC (VIA onboard and SIIG card with TI chip).

Yes, with FF 400, 800 and UFX, both with the onboard LSI/Agere based FW port of a bootcamped (Windows) Macbook Pro and LSI/Agere based Thunderbolt-Firewire adapter. Also with TI based ExpressCards I tried, as far as I remember.

Judging from the repeating reports it seems that many TI based (onboard) solutions are flawed these days. Try to get a LSI/Agere based card, maybe that works better.

Timur Born wrote:

Yes, with FF 400, 800 and UFX, both with the onboard LSI/Agere based FW port of a bootcamped (Windows) Macbook Pro and LSI/Agere based Thunderbolt-Firewire adapter. Also with TI based ExpressCards I tried, as far as I remember.

Judging from the repeating reports it seems that many TI based (onboard) solutions are flawed these days. Try to get a LSI/Agere based card, maybe that works better.

Are you able/willing to test this on another machine entirely?

Albeit I have access to a dozen PCs, none of these offer a combination of FW + Windows 8 (most don't offer FW even). But in the past I used a FF400 connected to a TI based FW400 onboard port under Vista without having to use legacy drivers. The question is, what exactly do you want me to test on another machine? I had several generations of Macbook Pro and the LSI/Agere FW ports always worked without having to use legacy drivers.

On Windows 7 the non legacy drivers produce more CPU load, though, which may have an impact on desktop systems. On my laptop it doesn't matter in practice, because under high load the CPU has to throttle its maximum Turbo Boost multiplier down (due to Intel's average wattage limits, not necessarily temps). This leads to equal performance with both FW drivers after running performance tests for a few minutes. On Windows 8 the non legacy drivers uses less CPU (and so does the Audio Endpoint service, which causes other problems). Again, this might have an impact on desktop systems, not so much on my laptop.

Timur Born wrote:

Albeit I have access to a dozen PCs, none of these offer a combination of FW + Windows 8 (most don't offer FW even). But in the past I used a FF400 connected to a TI based FW400 onboard port under Vista without having to use legacy drivers.

It seems fairly random then.

On my current and old machine, the FF400 only worked properly with the legacy driver on Win7/8.  Both previous machines had onboard VIA fw chips and I'm currently using a SIIG FW400 card which changed/improved nothing. 

I guess there's no point in you testing since it seems fairly random.. I dunno.

I'll look for an LSI based card perhaps.

The other thing I'm trying to determine is if a FW800 card would be better for my Fireface 400 purely for drivers.  I think the old (non legacy) FW driver from Microsoft is purely for FW 400, but can I expect to run my Fireface 400 on a FW800 card without more issues?

All I can tell you is that my LSI/Agere based FW800 ports and a TI based FW800 ExpressCard (Sonnet) work here, both with FF 400 and FF 800 (and combination of both). Likely all depends on the chipset (revision) and hardware implementation of whatever FW card/port you are using.

Timur Born wrote:

All I can tell you is that my LSI/Agere based FW800 ports and a TI based FW800 ExpressCard (Sonnet) work here, both with FF 400 and FF 800 (and combination of both). Likely all depends on the chipset (revision) and hardware implementation of whatever FW card/port you are using.

Any way you can tell me which TI chip is in your FW800 Sonnet?

There's a FW800+FW400 combo card I can obtain quite cheaply, it's a Vantec though.  I may see if I can exchange my SIIG and try my luck with a FW800 card.

Busy testing my FF400 with the Theyscon FW driver, I found an old one from some camera's support/downloads site.  Seems to be working so far but I remain skeptical.

I have THIS ONE working for about two years now.

HTH

-----------------------

Various ADK computers :-)

36 (edited by benofishal 2013-02-21 19:53:02)

funkyspacecadet wrote:

Hi,

For those who are running Windows 8 and want to use their RME Fireface 400/800 cards (and other brands of FW cards should apply) and need to use the legacy firewire driver please try these steps.

DO THIS AT YOUR OWN RISK, BACKUP FIRST, DO NOT TAKE ADVICE FROM STRANGERS ON THE INTERNET AS GOSPEL. HUG A KITTEN. smile

Get yourself access to a Windows 7 computer, if you are running Win8 32bit then you need Win 7 32bit, if you are running Win8 x64 you need files from a Win7 x64 computer.

Locate these files from a Windows 7 machine:

c:\windows\inf\1394.inf
c:\windows\inf\1394.pnf
c:\windows\system32\drivers\1394bus.sys
c:\windows\system32\drivers\1394ohci.sys
c:\windows\system32\drivers\ohci1394.sys

Copy all these files into a folder of your choice on your Windows 8 computer.

Then follow this guide on how to reboot without driver signing enabled: http://www.windows7hacker.com/index.php … -windows-8

Once you have rebooted with driver signing disabled you can proceed.

You can then go into Device Manager:
1. Expand IEEE 1394 Host Controllers
2. Right click on your firewire controller and choose Update Driver Software
3. Click "Browse My Computer for Driver Software"
4. Click "Let me pick from a list of device drivers on my computer"
5. Click Have Disk
6. Click Browse
7. Browse to the folder where you placed the Win7 FW drivers and click Open.
8. You can then install the 1394 OHCI (Legacy) driver.
9. Windows will warn you about unsigned drivers, just accept and continue the install.

You will need to reboot, most certainly using the unsigned driver / advanced boot method from the link above.

NOTE: The only problem I'm having is that I have to repeat the bootup process every time I reboot to have audio.  The RME Fireface 400 drivers don't seem to play well if I use any other firewire driver.  The legacy works - so far, perfectly for me.

So far this driver is working flawlessly.

RME mods/devs - is it possible for you to use your position with Microsoft as developers to try get this driver back into Windows 8 or offer us a solution?  I had similar problems in Windows 7 and only the Legacy FW driver resolved the issues for me.

I hope this helps someone.

I can fix the signed issue making you reboot into unsigned mode each time.

You can enable test mode in Windows 8 which will remain persistent on reboots, however although test mode will load self signed drivers it will not load unsigned driver.

I'll talk you through enabling test mode and self signing the drivers.

Follow funkyspacecadets excellent guide to installing the legacy Windows 7 driver. (Thanks for this, this has brought my CPU usage down but I'm still getting glitches)

Once you have installed the legacy driver in unsigned mode, reboot, the driver will fail to load and you will have no sound.

Open command prompt as Administrator.

Run the following two commands, both should say The Operation Completed Successfully (if not you probably didn't run command prompt as Admin)

bcdedit -set loadoptions DISABLE_INTEGRITY_CHECKS
bcdedit -set TESTSIGNING ON

Download this http://www.mediafire.com/?hjjjj4y2n1w (if for any reason this link dies then google dseo13b.exe)

Run the download and choose to sign a system file.

Type in C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\1394bus.sys

Click OK and the file will be signed for use in test mode.

Run the program again and choose sign a system file

Type in C:\Windows\System32\DRIVERS\ohci1394.sys

Reboot and voila, the drivers load and no need to keep rebooting into unsigned mode.

This obviously reduces the security of your PC by allowing any self signed driver to install so don't blame me if you get some malware from being careless.

Hope this helps people!!

PS I only tried this on Windows 8 Pro x64 - I assume its the same for 32-bit but haven't tested.

benofishal, great, thanks!

When I get some free time I'll give it a go smile

Thanks a lot for your efforts!

MC/RME-Support, could you maybe make this thread a sticky?

Thanks benofishal, I just followed the instructions and I now no longer have to disable driver signing every time I boot - thanks!

It may still be a bit early to tell, but it seems as though benofishal's fix also fixed another problem that I was having. Using the unsigned driver method, I would get errors when playing back through the FF every 30-40 minutes. There would be five to ten seconds of slight glitches on the FF, and then it would be over. This seems to have stopped since using the method benofishal outlines above.

Not sure that would be related to be honest, I was still having glitches even after enabling the legacy driver, although a lot more often than you (every minute or so).

Funkyspacecadet pointed me to http://www.qimaging.com/support/downloads/ for the Thesycon IEEE1394 driver.

My chipset is Ricoh, and there wasn't a Ricoh driver in this package, but I forced the use of the Texas Instruments driver anyway to try it out and haven't had a single audio glitch since.

It has introduced a problem with TotalMix where the level meters keep freezing for a few seconds every 10 seconds or so, and whilst frozen you can't adjust any controls in TotalMix.

But I'd rather have glitch free audio and loss of totalmix than a working totalmix and glitchy audio.

Funkyspacecadet is not getting the totalmix issue and is using the same Thesycon driver as me, but his chipset is TI rather than Ricoh.

Bloody firewire!!!

benofishal wrote:

Not sure that would be related to be honest, I was still having glitches even after enabling the legacy driver, although a lot more often than you (every minute or so).

Funkyspacecadet pointed me to http://www.qimaging.com/support/downloads/ for the Thesycon IEEE1394 driver.

My chipset is Ricoh, and there wasn't a Ricoh driver in this package, but I forced the use of the Texas Instruments driver anyway to try it out and haven't had a single audio glitch since.

It has introduced a problem with TotalMix where the level meters keep freezing for a few seconds every 10 seconds or so, and whilst frozen you can't adjust any controls in TotalMix.

But I'd rather have glitch free audio and loss of totalmix than a working totalmix and glitchy audio.

Funkyspacecadet is not getting the totalmix issue and is using the same Thesycon driver as me, but his chipset is TI rather than Ricoh.

Bloody firewire!!!

You are a life saver!!!! I was having the same problems on my machine. Installed the Thesycon IEEE1394 driver and it solved all my problems!! Thanks so much for posting this.

BTW - I am not sure what the chipset is on my firewire card but out of desperation I tried it and voila smile

Thanks again
Steve
www.emeraz.com

www.emeraz.com-Online music collaboration, copyrighting, promote and earn
www.fastlanestudio.net

After reading this entire thread, and still finding myself confused, I am wondering if it is possible for anyone to upload the legacy drivers for Windows 7 x64.  That would be nice, because then I wouldn't need to nag someone in my house to borrow their computer.

Thanks in advance.  Boo for Microsoft.

theSurge wrote:

After reading this entire thread, and still finding myself confused, I am wondering if it is possible for anyone to upload the legacy drivers for Windows 7 x64.  That would be nice, because then I wouldn't need to nag someone in my house to borrow their computer.

Thanks in advance.  Boo for Microsoft.

32 or 64bit?

Hi funkyspacecadet!
Thanks for your whole work on this topic!!!!!!! Unfortunately I still couldn´t find a 100% solution.
I´d like to ask if you could provide me with a 64bit legacy driver.

What I´ll do: I ordered a FW Expresscard with the LSI FW 643 chip.
very interesting article that led me to that about fw chips here:
http://legacy.tonymacx86.com/viewtopic. … mp;t=68489

I don´t get error free results using my buit in JMicron FW chip, neither with my FW expresscard for Dawicontrol, using TI chip XIO2213A. I also tested another FW expresscard with an different TI chip, even worse.

best configuration yet: unsigned legacy driver (i´m not sure if the one i have is 32bit) with Dawicontrol FW card, but still audio hickups, but fewer than in other cofigs...
also tried the Theysicon drivers, didn´t work ...

Thanks in advance for any recommendations!

HP Elitebook 8750W
Windows 8 / 64bit
Built In FW port
Expresscard Dawicontrol FW 800 (Texas Instruments Chio)
RME Fireface 800

There are no signed legacy drivers, only Microsoft can provide such.

Here's the Win7 64bit legacy FW driver: https://dl.dropbox.com/u/20482435/_webs … legacy.zip

THANKS funkyspacecadet.
1) worked for 45 minutes without any crackles ->
2) then problems/ audio hickups, crackles strated again.....:(

...by far the best driver by now....but i can´t use this computer for live performances....i have to find a solution...

What was your way to get the Thysicon working?

THANKS again funkysc. for your fast help!!!

clemenswenger wrote:

THANKS funkyspacecadet.
1) worked for 45 minutes without any crackles ->
2) then problems/ audio hickups, crackles strated again.....:(

...by far the best driver by now....but i can´t use this computer for live performances....i have to find a solution...

What was your way to get the Thysicon working?

THANKS again funkysc. for your fast help!!!

The Thesycon and legacy driver both worked for me, no glitches.

Maybe you do need another FW controller.

You could try a new driver which seems to work better for Windows 8:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fi … n_3072.zip

This one will not work good with the legacy drivers anymore, so IF it works it is a special Windows 8 driver.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

MC wrote:

You could try a new driver which seems to work better for Windows 8:

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/fi … n_3072.zip

This one will not work good with the legacy drivers anymore, so IF it works it is a special Windows 8 driver.

Hey, thanks MC! 

I'll report back with my results asap, thank you!