Topic: Can't resize TotalMix screen

Does anyone know why I suddenly can't increase the size of my matrix view in TotalMix? I can make my mixer any size and any configuration but the matrix won't. I can grab and drag it as big as I want but it immediately switches back to the tiny view when I unclick. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the software after trashing all the necessary files but nothing seems to be working.  I'm on a 2013 iMac w/ latest software updates and using a UFX also w the latest drivers.

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/lynncarlson/ScreenShot2013-03-21at123519AM_zpsd4fc6876.png

http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b343/lynncarlson/ScreenShot2013-03-21at123523AM_zps6bbffcba.png

Re: Can't resize TotalMix screen

same thing here.

Me too!
Ive had my UFX since December.
Windows 7 2009 laptop USB.
From the start i have not been able to resize totalmix to a bigger size.
Its about the same size as "rosstas" screen shot above.

Which TM FX version is that?

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Similar issue here:

Matrix view at its largest size is approximately: 4-1/2" x 2-1/2"
I can resize it to be smaller, but can not make it any larger.

TotalMix FX version 0.989 MAC OSX (1)

The default largest size used to be much larger. It changed a while back, I don't remember what version or when.

im Totalmix fx version 1.028

Lap top miximum vertical screen hight 196mm - Total mix maximum vertical screen hight 150mm
TM will not drag vertical to max size. Or"Maximize" by clicking on the top right square.

Thanks for the info. We think we know what causes the problem (the stunning screen resolution) and try to come up with a fix in the next days.

@fireheadfaceRed: The mixer has a fixed max size. This thread is about the Matrix.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Oh sorry,  fryingpan (this is me hitting myself with a frying pan)

It sure would be nice if the mixer would fit the whole screen though.
Love my UFX !

9 (edited by rossta1 2013-03-23 20:55:50)

Woah - leave town for two nights and come back to this! I love RME smile Oh and to answer your question Matthias I'm also on TotalMix FX version 0.989 MAC OSX (1)

This may or may not be related but about the same time I started getting the tiny matrix I also tried uninstalling all RME software in order to do a fresh install. I found and removed all the drivers via this thread:

'Removing the Fireface Driver on OSX' http://www.rme-audio.de/forum/viewtopic.php?id=9233

I then delete the Aggregate device in Audio/MIDI setup and empty the trash. Upon restart my Mac still sees my UFX in Audio/MIDI settings although it is greyed out. Am I missing a file or two? I feel something here is involved with my inability to do a fresh reinstall of my UFX.

More details of my setup: In addition to my UFX I'm using an API A2D as my master clock via AES/EBU In and 8 inputs each from a Presonus Digimax and a Focusrite Saffire Pro40 both clocked via ADAT. This setup has been working flawlessly for years. Last January I upgraded my old '08 iMac to a new '13 iMac i7 w/ 32G memory and it's been an absolute dream. I added an external Seagate hard drive two weeks ago and around that time started noticing a few small clicks in my recordings using tracks 1 & 2 of my UFX. While troubleshooting this I clicked the 'drift correction' box next to the Saffire unit under the default Aggregate Device (which I don't actually use but is apparently setup automatically by OSX) and I think that's when things got really messed up with my system. I've completely uninstalled that unit and removed it from the system and then go about uninstalling the UFX via the method described above but something in my computer still remembers my UFX. If I could figure this part out I'm hoping I could solve the rest of my puzzle.

Is this TOO much information? smile

Either way, thanks team RME. I've been with you guys for 7 years and have never had a problem that wasn't self-inflicted and/or easily solved.

~rossta1

PS. One more possibly relevant thing I almost forgot: around the same time I installed the Seagate (which is now out of my system) I also installed Pro Tools 9.06. I'm thinking about completely uninstalling that hellish program and seeing if things might settle down.

UPDATE: I THINK I've got my audio working like it's supposed to again and now the matrix screen will resize to any and all sizes. I'm not 100% sure my audio is 100% but I'll be spending the next several hours testing it and hopefully recording.

PROBLEM SOLVED: Okay this was simple...the size of the matrix screen is directly related to the Channel Layout and any channels that are or aren't hidden. If none are hidden there's no problem. Does that help those of you who were also experiencing this problem? Hope so!

12 (edited by oblique strategies 2013-03-25 02:27:14)

Good troubleshooting! :-)

Yes, if I make all channels visible in the Channel Layout then the Matrix view will expand to a larger size.

As you hide channels in the Channel Layout the Matrix view decreases in size: the more channels that are hidden, the smaller it gets.

NOTE:
When I make changes to the Layout in the Matrix view I have to quit TotalMix & restart it for the Mixer view to display the new Layout.

Conversely, if I make changes in the Layout in the Mixer view I have to quit TotalMix & restart it for the Matrix view to accept the Channel Layout.

WEIRD:
If I have both the Mixer & Matrix views open & make changes in the Layout: the Matrix can be dragged larger, but when I release it it reverts back to the smaller size! This behavior continues even after quitting & restarting TotalMix.

Confirmed. The current way the size of the Matrix is calculated does not work correctly when channels are hiddden. So we have two things to fix. Thanks for finding this.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

was this fixed ... I see that problem if I change to ALL users .... otherwise I can resize

If you want us to check something you will have to provide ALL the details.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Strange because I have noticed the opposite, all of a sudden my total mix windown is too big for my screen at 100%, im unable to see the main channel fader?? I can make it bigger, but not smaller.