Topic: Website problems

I'm not sure I'm the only one but for the last few days I've been getting a load of 500 errors when browsing the site or the forum. 

Is it just me?

Re: Website problems

Not just you... This is being investigated.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Thanks for the reply smile

Hello. Just a quick message to let you know that the 500 errors are still happening quite regularly. Usually takes a reload or two to get a page to open up correctly. For me, it is happening about one in every three attempts to open any RME website page. Just thought I'd pass that info along in case you had made any changes. Below is the error message I receive:

Error 500 - Internal server error
Ein interner Fehler ist aufgetreten!
Bitte versuchen Sie es zu einem späteren Zeitpunkt.

Kind regards,
George

We know. The company hosting RME is pretty unresponsive and has not come up with any solution. We might change to a different one next week.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No worries.

Thanks Matthias.

Maybe you should go with the guys handling the servers for Pace's iLok.
They seem to have it all absolutely under control rotfl

Kind regards,
George

7 (edited by Psychovibes 2013-09-24 23:19:39)

Hi Mathias,
I live in France and it's very boring because I tried from 3 weeks to post this mail to tell you that it's Impossible to connect to the Forum ! The pages don't load in my case when I try several times.
The problem occur from months ! Do you have a solution ?.....

Thank you.
A long time Fireface 800, Babyface, UFX, Fireface UCX and Octamic II user.

We have no other reports, nor can we reproduce the issue. Try clearing browser cache and cookies and test another browser, please.

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

For now about 1 month, I'm unable to access  normally your forum. Most pages are unattainable, the response being :

Sorry! The page could not be loaded.This is probably a temporary error. Just refresh the page and retry. If problem continues, please check back in 5-10 minutes.

...again and again.

I can't even login !

My ADSL connexion uses Freebox and WiFi. The Free Hotline don't see any error in the parameters.

Same trouble with desktop+Win 7 64 bits, laptop+Win7 32 bits, Mac Book+OS 10.8
Same with Firefox, Win Explorer, Safari.

Up to now, I didnt find any other site with that  situation.

Any idea ?
Many thanks

Carenne

Everything working normally here. Had one odd MySQL error message yesterday, but nothing otherwise, and no similar customer feedback... Try clearing cache & cookies...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

http://shots.ikbis.com/image/115853/screen/delete_cookies.jpg

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

I am with Free too and have everytime errors to connect to the forum. I send this reply from another place because it's impossible to connect from house... It's boring because every other forums works.

Psychovibes.

Hi,
After little investigation, it seems the connection problem come from RME forum and FREE provider incompatibilities because unless wich computer you use, when i try to connect from my house, there is problems.

Cannot post using Firefox 25.0.1 on Mac OSX 10.8.5 – simply stuck in a loop of Pun Stop Bot rubbish. Rest assured I can spell Hammerfall and Fireface backwards. And I def know the answer to 8=5+?.... please help.

Only works on Safari.

thanks

Starting a few days ago., I also get this annoying "Sorry! The page could not be loaded." error message.
This occurs with Win7 x64, using IE11, or Chrome or Firefox browsers. I can reach the RME Forums overview page, but not access the individual forums. This error is now constant (i.e. not intermittent, sporadic) on the Win7 machine.

FWIW, from my WinXP laptop (in same house ), running IE8, Firefox or Chrome, I can access the forums just fine!
I'm unaware of having allowed any major changes to the OS's. I've since tried toggling numerous settings ...but so far to no avail.

Hi

As I mentionned previously, I'm unable to connect to this forum from my internet Freebox. And I'm not the only one : whatever could be used, Mac or PC, IE, Firefox, Safari, communication is impossible if you have Free as provider. Approximately 3 millions Free customers connected in France ... Maybe it's worth to take us in consideration. Please !

Regards
Carenne

You will need to talk to Free about this matter - we can not and will not block or inhibit access to any specific provider's customers, why would we?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Hi,

I am a Free customer and don't have any issue so far (at least from now on). Though I have a standard Freebox (old grey-blue) - not the Freebox revolution nor the last Freebox crystal - using :
- Mac OS X.6.8 & Safari 5.1.1
- Mac OS X.8.5 & Safari 6.0.5
- Win7 64 Pro & Firefox 14.0.1 (old) / Firefox 30 / Chrome 35.x

As Daniel suggested, try to contact Free

RME UFX - TM FX 1.05 / Drivers USB 2.03 fw 1.58
Mac OSX.8.5 / Pro Tools 10.3.10+11.3.1 / VEP 5.3.1

18 (edited by maschinenwart 2014-10-21 11:31:00)

hallo tech support,

seit ca. 2 wochen habe ich große probleme im forum die seiten der unterforen auf zu rufen. es erscheint ständig der hinweis:

sinngemäß ...die seite konnte nicht geladen werden. es ist ein vorrübergehender fehler. aktualisieren sie die seite und versuchen es erneut in 5 - 10 minuten...

das passiert aber nur von meinen beiden rechnern im studio mit dem firefox und dem internet explorer.

habe hierzu auch postings im "PunBB - Forum" gelesen:
http://punbb.informer.com/forums/topic/ … ng-issues/

ich benutze eine fritzbox und gehe über 1und1 ins netz...

mfg
maschinenwart

DIGI96/8 PRO | HDSPe AIO | Multiface I | 2x Multiface II | QuadMic | WIN 8 Pro | Cubase 7.5.30 64Bit

Hi,

I've been unable to login the forum with my registered login and password. Requesting a new password made me discover the clue : the forum doesn't accept accentuated letters anymore. My login as become Will Z?gal instead of Will Zégal.

I don't know how long it lasts because I didn't had to post in the forum for a while.

It should work now...

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Indeed. Thanks a lot.

This is on again. I take it that it's just not me. Have not been able to reach site for a week now. Every other site on the planet works, and I have also tried different computers. This page I got to via G-search.

Input?

23 (edited by stromkraft 2015-03-11 21:29:05)

I hardly can connect to the rme-audio.com nor rme-audio.de. I managed to download drivers yesterday after multiple attempts. But nothing loads now.  I assume the forums are on another server.

isup.me claims it's me and that the rme-audio.com site is up.

RME Babyface v226 | 4.07 | MacBook Pro 13" 2020 | 16gb/1tb

It is indeed up, had no documented outages, and is available all around the planet quite fast thanks to 23 mirrors globally spread.

In case you talk about the forum (not the 'site'): that one is not mirrored and might be a bit slow when your international gateway/connection is slow as well. But the forum does not load and need many items, so seeing it crawl is very unusual.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

25 (edited by stromkraft 2015-03-12 12:31:53)

MC wrote:

It is indeed up, had no documented outages, and is available all around the planet quite fast thanks to 23 mirrors globally spread.

In case you talk about the forum (not the 'site'): that one is not mirrored and might be a bit slow when your international gateway/connection is slow as well. But the forum does not load and need many items, so seeing it crawl is very unusual.

I still can't connect in Windows 7, not in Chrome, not in Internet Explorer nor in Firefox, but it seems to be a local Windows issue as I can connect from my iPhone on the same network. I have no issues elsewhere, so this is odd.

Does RME actively block add-ons like Adblock?

I've checked the hosts file if some app had changed that, but it's in mint state.

RME Babyface v226 | 4.07 | MacBook Pro 13" 2020 | 16gb/1tb

I ave a few isolated reports of connection problems here (another one from Holland), but since the site as such is working, I can only assume these are hopefully temporary local problems. We do not block add-ons (why would we?), I don't even think it's technically possible....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

A friend of mine from Holland cannot not reach your website rme-audio.de. But i cannot reach your forum (forum.rme-audio.de) When i switch to ipv4 only the problem is solved, so i can post now :-) With ipv6 i got an error message. Vice versa with your website is it not reachable with ipv4. My friend has only ipv4. When i trace your site with both ipv4 and 6 on i get the ipv6 address. I think your hosting provider has problems with routing between ipv4 and ipv6. Maybe you can ask them? Maybe they have updated something what is going wrong? My provider (xs4all, also from Holland) support both protocols. Hope this helps you further to solve this problem.

Best Greetings,
Viktor

In case of problems with the connection, please try this alternative link:
http://www2.rme-audio.de/

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

And for the RME forum? That works not on Ipv6. Then i got an error.

Best Greetings,
Viktor

I can only reach www.rme-audio.com if i use an online proxy service. The alternative adress provided by Daniel works without proxy.

Maybe a clue?

Kind regards
Jonas

I was having this issue for years with google chrome. Just fixed it today.

chrome://inspect/#devices

Make sure port forwarding is turned on.

As you all have these problems so I.
Called my provider, they said this is an IPV4 to IPV6 ...problem?..and they will solve it in 24 hours.
Solved as you can see!

Regards
Zapp

Could your provider provide more details (pun not intended, but still fitting...)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

As far as I reckoned this is indeed a IPv6 versus IPv4 problem.
I called my provider (in this case UPC Austria), they told me about my new modem and that it has a IPv6 adress. They loaded a small programm into my modem which simulates an IPv4 adress, bingo...
So my tip is to call your provider to tell him in a friendly way the truth.

Regards
Zapp

I have the same issues at home with MNet. Abroad it works all normally.
Georg

36 (edited by gord 2015-06-23 21:32:27)

edit:  tried your www2 and that works fine.... www does not though smile

Thanks!

WEBSITE DOES NOT WORK.

All I want to do is download a driver so we can use a Card.

It hangs on every page, on every machine on every connection we have here..

In Vancouver Canada.

Thanks.

maybe a nice direct link to a driver for OSX?

37 (edited by cyrano 2015-06-25 10:15:00)

gord wrote:

edit:  tried your www2 and that works fine.... www does not though smile

I have been pulling hair over one domain on one of my servers working without www, but behaving really odd (internal api error, white pages, not loading at all...) with www.

This could be an odd problem with some CMS and/or forum software. The fix for my Debian server was to add the domain in question to the hosts file for local loopback.

I still don't understand why a CMS should need a local loopback, as others seem to function fine without it. Could have to do with mysql, tho.

ipV4 to V6 bridges are a problem too, sometimes. But there isn't much RME can do about it, as it is a problem "en route" to the forum. And the server admin doesn't even see this problem, as the user never reaches the server.

You'll typically see this problem only mentioned on fora, because most people will not even report it for an average website...

If you think you have a problem with ipV6 to V4 bridging, you should talk to your provider as you could very well be the only user noticing, or even the only user having that problem.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...

38 (edited by Frekk 2015-07-26 20:46:59)

I have had the same problem with loading the RME forum. After been reading a lot around it seems to be a conflict between IPV6 and IPV4. Apperantly it looks like windows 7 is somewhat designed around IPV6 and beeing preferred vs IPV4. This again can cause problems loading some sites.

Back in 2013 Microsoft did publish a fix which turns around the equation. By applying this fix IPV4 is preferred before IPV6. There is also a fix to revert this if the solution don't work. I have done it and it seems to be working for me (I run windows 8, but installed the win 7 fix).

Go to this link:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/929852

MicrosoftFixIt 59410 - Prefer IPV4 vs IPV6
MicrosoftFixIt 50441 - Prefer IPV6 vs IPV4 (to return to original).

Thanks for that info and link. Very interesting!

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

No problems.

I been testing in between for a few days now going to this forum and clicking throug different posts. I have not had one incident of not beeing able to load posts. Before i applied the fix i could not load the post 90 percent of the time.

So, for me the problem is solved.

big_smile
At last ! An efficient solution after two years without possibility to connect to this forum !
I applied the MicrosoftFixIt 59410 and no longer the least problem.
Thanks to Frekk, Zapp and other.
No help from my provider nor from RME, except supporting this nice forum ...

Kind regards
Carenne

No problem Carenne.

I did test the same fix on Windows 10 as well cause i experienced the same issue on my windows 10 multimedia pc. The good News is that the same fix seems to work there as well. 

I admit i have not tested how it will affect the pc in other ways, but so far I have not discovered any negative impacts. At least not for my daily use including music recording, internet, games etc.

In case problems use the reverse fix i posted in my first post.

Hi!

I used to get these "Sorry! The page could not be loaded." errors a lot, too. A page loaded just once and when I clicked a link, the error would come until I wait for those 5-10 minutes. After that, the problem would start over then. Strangely enough, it would work after I managed to log in with my account. But only until logout. The problem occured on all Macs and browsers until I switched off IPV6 in my Network Preferences (set it to "Local Link Only"). Turns out, whenever I tried to access this forum via IPV6, the error would occur and still does. I checked my IPV6 connectivity and it looks okay. My ISP supports dual-link just fine.

Cheers,
-T.

Frekk, thanks for your tip! It works great!

BUT, please RME ask your provider to fix this. You are the only website I know to not support IPv6.
It is very annoying to change the default IPv6 to IPv4. We are in 2015.

Thanks

Hello

I come back to the forum after 2 years of inability to access.
It is well a problem of IPV4 and IPV6.
I also solved it with the patch MicrosoftFixIt 59410 - Prefer IPV4 vs IPV6.
Thanks again for this solution.
Regards.
Celtine

46 (edited by Lomaxx 2015-11-18 12:21:02)

Just as feedback: Today i tried to read the forum after a while of absence and again had the "Sorry! The page could not be loaded."-error when clicking on the USB-device-subforum. The index of the forum was shown correctly. Didn't try other subforums.
I had the problem before, but was able to read the forum in between for several months, after writing you an email that it doesnt work for me. Since i read about your issues back then, i decided to make an experiment:

I started a different browser with a proxy-addon, leaving me with an external IP from denmark and with that i had no problems to read the forum.

Without the proxy i have an external IP from Germany (Provider: T-Online).
Not sure if that helps you in some way.
If you need more information to track down the problem, let me know.

47 (edited by Lomaxx 2015-11-18 13:10:01)

Maybe I should also mention that I didnt apply the microsoft-patch before. Now I did out of curiosity and it seems to have solved the issue for me too.

48 (edited by Dandruff 2016-04-12 20:10:06)

Had the same problem and got it fixed by temporarily disabling IPV6 for Firefox. Once the cookies are saved you can revert the setting to enable IPV6 again and the forum just loads fine.

See https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1047810

FIXED

Why isn't RME taking notice of this? This forum obviously can't be accessed properly from a true IPV6 connection until logged in.

timbernhardt wrote:

Why isn't RME taking notice of this? This forum obviously can't be accessed properly from a true IPV6 connection until logged in.

Because this problem is at least partly a problem with your internet provider, and maybe with cloudflare.

Cloudflare is a content distribution network and a DDOS attack safety. Some of these don't work well with some internet providers.

Maybe you can inform your internet provider's helpdesk of the problem and see if they take action?

It's also a very bizarre problem. I had a similar problem with one site recently, where IE worked and Chrome/FF didn't. When I disabled ipV6 on the PC, Chrome and FF started working too, until the Win7 PC was restarted. After updating the Win7 installation, it kept working...

Other Win7 PC's on the same network worked OK.

You'd expect the three browsers to use the same DNS, but apparently ipV6 is weird, at least with some older OSes.

MB Pro - 2 X FireFace 400, FF800 & DigiFace USB
ADAT gear: Korg, Behri, Fostex, Alesis...