Topic: DIGICheck and Mountain Lion 10.8.3 always on top problem.

RME! please fix this issue which is known long ago.
Always On Top feature didn't work. Even with Afloat program ((((
A lot of people asking.

Re: DIGICheck and Mountain Lion 10.8.3 always on top problem.

+1

RME! Please! Always On Top Fix!!!!

I asked this 1 year ago and they told me that this feature was not a high priority one and closed my post without even letting me answer.

1 year later still waiting to this shitty programmers to fix something that simple...

Meanwhile you can use http://www.fabiancanas.com/tag/duplicate-windows which allows you to have a duplicated window of the digicheck on top... but its not digicheck and you have to spend 8 euros on the mac app store due to their incompetence.

Good luck

Always on top has already been fixed in TotalMix FX. The code will be added to DC soon.

> shitty programmers

You are welcome to use something different.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

glad to hear that!

Fix released.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

8 (edited by davidkraus 2013-10-22 18:00:58)

Unter 10.8.5 mit supplemental update (27" iMac late 2012, i7 3.4ghz, 32gb ram, GTX 680MX) springt in DIGICheck 0.671 der Focus immer wieder auf DIGICheck zurück wenn "Always on Top" aktiviert wurde und ein anderes Fenster den Fokus bekommen sollte. In TotalMix FX 0.994 funktioniert es hingegen wie erwartet.

Ein simples Step by Step Beispiel zur Reproduktion:

1. Finder öffnen
2. DIGICheck 0.671 öffnen
3. DIGICheck -> Options -> Always on Top aktivieren (falls noch nicht aktiv)
4. Im Finder eine/n beliebige/n Ordner/Datei/Pfad mit linkem Mausklick auswählen

Erwartetes Verhalten:

Durch das klicken im Finder auf eine/n beliebige/n Ordner/Datei/Pfad sollte diese/r ausgewählt werden und der Fokus des Fensters auf dem Finder liegen.

Beobachtetes Verhalten:

Im Finder wird nichts ausgewählt, der Fokus des Fensters springt zurück auf DIGICheck 0.671.

Dadurch entstehende Probleme:

Sobald in DIGICheck 0.671 die Option "Always on Top" aktiviert wurde kann kein anderes normales Fenster unter OSX den Fokus erhalten und somit können keine anderen Programme mehr bedient werden, da der Fokus sofort auf DIGICheck zurück springt.

Edit: By the way, sorry. Forgot to switch languages in my brain-options ... hope a german "bug-report" is fine as well.

Das liegt daran dass DC noch unter Carbon programmiert ist. Sie haben die Wahl: entweder eine kaputte Funktion wie vorher, oder eine absolute wie jetzt.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hallo Herr Carstens,

vielen Dank, die Vermutung, dass es an Carbon liegt hatte ich auch schon.
Ist eine "native" Cocoa-Version in Arbeit ? Oder werden die Funktionen eventuell sogar über kurz oder lang in FinalMix FX einfließen ? Naja, ich will nicht unnötig herumstochern ... so lange es noch irgendwie funktioniert besteht ja keine Eile.

Mit besten Grüßen

David Kraus

and now again it is impossible to work ((((
how can i control other parameters in my daw or else if always on top feature makes absolutely "on top of all"?????
maybe you can correct that only open window will be on top?

Sounds like you need two screens!

if I've needed a new screen I've bought it long time ago )
i need to view my totalizer when I'm working in my daw on one screen!
rme-please-fix this properly!

The function that you want is not possible until we find the time to completely rewrite the program. And that will not happen in the next 6 months.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

il be waiting! if it possible - please do that - no matter for time

Does it work to use "Mission Control" like in OSX 10.9 ?

regards S-EH

Just wanted to apologize for the person who said "shitty programmers". He was just a "shitty poster"..

Your products are excellent.

---------
Also, it would be nice to warn people to uncheck the "always on top". When I first installed the program, it defaulted on. This caused me problems because I could not change workspace desktops. I was stuck on the screen. But I came here, and figured out it was an added option. I unchecked it, and now I'm very happy. Program works great!

MC wrote:

The function that you want is not possible until we find the time to completely rewrite the program. And that will not happen in the next 6 months.

still waiting for this!

Would love it, too. Thanks. The current workaround is not usable.