Topic: Workspace Files and Extensions in OSX

I love the DIGIcheck software and use it everyday in my professional work. DIGIcheck gets it's own LCD screen in my system with three DC windows active doing various meters.

Because I like to use three DC windows the only way for me to load all that in one load operation is to use the Workspace file.

When I first startup my Mac there are a number of small applications I have load automatically. DIGIcheck is one of them.

I have to tell the mac to load the DC application directly because if I tell the mac to load the workspace file the mac doesn't know which application to launch.

This would not be a big issue as DC loads the last setup from when last launched - except it doesn't remember the window positions exactly - close but not exact. Specifically it does not hide the top bar of each window. If I manually load the workspace file via Cmd + L it does put the windows exactly where I like them.

It would be easy to load my preferred setup if DIGIcheck could load a workspace file by double clicking on it in the finder (the file not the application) but for some reason as mentioned this doesn't work. Is there a reason for this behaviour? It's contradictory to almost every other OSX application behaviour.

Kind regards

Re: Workspace Files and Extensions in OSX

Paul, please send me a screenshot of the original and the 'shifted' window states, full desktop.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Hi Matthias,

here are two links to screen shots.
http://www.jaminajar.com/RME/DC%20Scree … 0Cmd+L.png
http://www.jaminajar.com/RME/DC%20Scree … launch.png

I may not have been clear enough in my previous post in that the shifting that occurs may be OSX doing it as the view I like is with the top bar of each DC window hidden away.

If that's true then thus my thinking that if I could launch the workspace file by double clicking on it in the finder it would solve my issue.

Kind regards

Yes, OS X is doing that. No way to work around it. Opening via finder is on our list, but will take some time.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

Thanks Matthias for clearing that up.

I know it's not a big issue but it's good to know a fix will come one day.

Kind regards