1 (edited by gjvti 2014-08-20 07:59:46)

Topic: Globar Record not recording from analogue inputs? - bump

Hello,

I'm experimenting with RME UCX and DigiCheck 5.72 recording function. I arm for recording both input and playback tracks and display monitoring shows that signals are received from both inputs (analogue inputs and DAW stream) and are monitored as well (level meters show this), but after I do record and try to play back what is recorded it appears that only playback (signal from DAW) channels are recorded and no input (analogue input) is recorded. Also when playing back, same signal recorded from playback channel is monitored both in playback channel strip and input channel strip in corresponding channel, but no expected signal from analogue inputs is available anywhere.

So is there a way to use DigiCheck record functionality to record audio from analogue inputs directly to PC and play it back as it was recorded and how you do this?

Re: Globar Record not recording from analogue inputs? - bump

Have you checked the input device setup (F3)?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Yes, of course!
There is not much what can be changed there. I just can set sample rate and switch on/off input and monitoring sections. I uploaded screenshots of both recording/monitoring and playback situation here https://plus.google.com/photos/11118144 … kr39spO1HQ

BTW, also when trying all other functions I get the following error
"Opening audio device Error number 4"

bump
Any comments about issue?

I'm afraid I have no immediate explanation, and it works without problems here. Can you record off the analog inputs with other applications? Have you tried opening the recorded files in another application?

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

6 (edited by gjvti 2014-08-20 10:18:16)

Thanks for reply!
Yes, I can record from UCX analogue inputs in Ableton without problems. What doesn't work on my system is DigiCkeck direct recording Global Record. I think there were empty wav files for analogue inputs when I tried to export wav files. Maybe it has something to do with "Opening audio device Error number 4" appearing when selecting other DigiCheck functions, which don't work at all. In my tests I had Fujitsu T4310 laptop with UCX and iConnectMidi4+ connected to separate usb ports, which probably are under the same root, but no external hub was used. On my system I have also Asio4All and Motu828 drivers installed, but when I did tests, I used the latest ASIO driver downloaded from RME as you can obviously see in screenshots. Have you any video to share showing how DigiCkeck direct record should work?

Your pictures don't seem to show the exact driver version....

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Regards
Daniel Fuchs
RME

Files
driver_usb_win_1053.zip (Driver version 1.053)
dc_572_win.zip (for DigiCheck)