Topic: Real Time Control Of Headphone Mixes With Behringer BCF2000

I just picked up a Behringer BCF2000 to control my RME HDSP9652.  I'm still getting a feel for how the Behringer works as it's documentation isn't my cup of tea. 

Anyhow, here's what I'd like to do:

>> Create a mix of the playback from Cubase and any incoming signals to my AD converter (mics, Axe FX, FX return from hardware reverb, etc) and be able to manipulate that mix in real time as needed via the Behringer BCF2000.

>> I'd like this single mix to go to three different outputs on my DA converter (main monitors, headphone amp, and my video capture software). 

I've been able to (more or less) achieve this using the right-click "Post-send routing" or "Aux Post Fader", but only with the mouse.  It seems that simply knocking the overall level of the Cubase output across all of the RME's outputs isn't nearly as straight forward as I imagined.

Any ideas on how to achieve this?

Brandon

Re: Real Time Control Of Headphone Mixes With Behringer BCF2000

at first you either control cubase or totalmix with one BCF not both at the same time.
second your post doesnt say anything about the cc mapping you have in mind or have already set up to use totalmix.
3. you would use mackie mode or similar to get a good fader resolution and then you are back to "at first"

https://archiv.rme-audio.de/download/BCF2000_Labels.jpg

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME

at first you either control cubase or totalmix with one BCF not both at the same time.

I have no interest in using the BCF to control Cubase.  I'll be using it 100% in Totalmix. 

second your post doesnt say anything about the cc mapping you have in mind or have already set up to use totalmix.

I've not had great luck acquiring the CC for individual faders in Totalmix.  The BCF2000 in learn mode always returns "BAD"....(an absurdly ineffective error code) although I have no problems getting the correct CC through all my other MIDI gadgets. 

If I'm understanding the implication there, this would require me to adjust the mix for the headphones and then adjust the mix for the monitors and then adjust the mix for what my video capture computer gets.  I need to do all three real time as I'm used to on my Toft ATB32 using super simple subgroups with direct outs.  Thanks for the try, though!

Brandon

The Post button is missing in the photo. It is Shift2 plus button 8 in the seond row, which equals Dyn in the Mackie Protocol. With TotalMix FX you would use 'Trim Gains' instead, same MIDI command.

Regards
Matthias Carstens
RME